I know what you’re thinking: all that guff about what a great purchase the paper log maker was, and we’ve not heard a dicky-bird about it since – bet it hasn’t even come out of the box yet! 

Well, ye of little faith, I admit I’ve been a bit slow in getting round to using it, but I have made progress.  My first attempts some weeks ago were, to say the least, unsuccessful.  I created less a paper log and more a soggy mess – the whole thing didn’t stick together at all.  I decided to soak the paper for longer – “longer” turned out to be weeks as I then forgot all about it.  Still, when I decided to have another go earlier this week, I managed to get the wet “log” out of the log maker in complete form.  I made a couple and put them in the airing cupboard to dry.  Obviously, this isn’t the ideal time to be doing this and I would hope that production in the summer will be much easier (and more pleasurable given the water won’t be so icy!) but I thought I should at least make some initial attempts now! 

Of course, the proof of the pudding and all that….  I’ll report back when we’ve tried burning the first one!  😉

Advertisements